A Little About Me
Hello and Welcome!
Hello and Welcome!
I am a woman of faith with a passion for companioning others as they search for more meaning in their lives. I offer Spiritual Direction, both in person and long distance by means of video conferencing and phone. I also offer retreats and spiritual programs, from short evening to half-day retreats, full-day to week-long retreats, and even programs and retreats where we meet regularly for months. Participants have been men and women, usually from Christian backgrounds, as well as those who have little or no prior religious or faith experience.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
I am a Sister of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie (Ontario, Canada) with a rather diverse and ecumenical background. Though I was baptized as a baby, my family seldom attended Mass. However, even as a child, I had a sense of being drawn to a deepening experience of belief and faith in God. I participated in neighbourhood Bible clubs and attended various Protestant churches with friends. I even attended - and volunteered at - a summer Bible camp during my teen years. Eventually, I found myself being drawn back to the Catholic faith. However, I continue to maintain an openness to people of all - or no - faith backgrounds.
I am also a hobby photographer, with a particular interest in capturing the beauty of nature. Over the years, I have made notecards, calendars, and other products using pictures I have taken. I once heard a phrase that says it all, "God creates the beauty. My camera and I are the witnesses."
- Certification in Spiritual Direction and Directed Retreats, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Master of Arts in Christian Spirituality, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI
- Master of Science in Administration and School Management, Trinity University, Washington, DC
- A year of Theological Studies, Regina Mundi, Rome, Italy
- Experienced Spiritual Director, Retreat Director, Program Facilitator, and Supervisor - Directees have included women, men, clergy, lay people, Catholic and non-Catholic
- I have been receiving Spiritual Direction myself since high school - VERY important for someone offering Spiritual Direction.
- I am also under Supervision as a Director - again an important aspect of professional services like these.
- Experienced Educator, particularly in Catholic Education
- Long-term member of Shalom Team Spiritual Ministry
- Member of Spiritual Directors International