A Little About Me
Hello and Welcome!
Hello and Welcome!
I am a woman of faith with a passion for companioning others as they search for more meaning in their lives. I offer Spiritual Direction, both in person and long distance by means of video conferencing. I also offer spiritual programs, such as half-day or full-day offerings and even programs where we meet regularly over a period of months (such as weekly for a 6-week period or regular sessions over the course of 10 months). ALL offerings are currently online due to COVID safety guidelines and precautions.
Participants have been men and women, usually from Christian backgrounds, as well as those who have little or no prior religious or faith experience.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
I've spent almost 40 years living my life as a Religious Sister (aka "nun") and have a rather diverse and ecumenical background. Though I was baptized Catholic as a baby, my family seldom attended Mass. However, even as a child, I had a sense of being drawn to a deepening experience of belief and faith in God. I participated in neighbourhood Bible clubs and attended various Protestant churches with friends. I even attended - and volunteered at - a summer Bible camp during my teen years. Eventually, I found myself being drawn back to the Catholic faith. However, I continue to maintain an openness to people of all - or no - faith backgrounds.
I am also a hobby photographer, with a particular interest in exploring and capturing the beauty of nature. Over the years, I have made notecards, calendars, and other products using pictures I have taken. I once heard a phrase that says it all, "God creates the beauty. My camera and I are the witnesses."
- Certification in Spiritual Direction and Directed Retreats, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Master of Arts in Christian Spirituality, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI
- Master of Science in Administration and School Management, Trinity University, Washington, DC
- A year of Theological Studies, Regina Mundi, Rome, Italy
- Experienced Spiritual Director, Retreat Director, Program Facilitator, and Supervisor - Directees have included women, men, clergy, lay people, Catholic and non-Catholic
- I have been receiving Spiritual Direction myself since high school - VERY important for someone offering Spiritual Direction.
- I am also under Supervision as a Director - again an important aspect of professional services like these.
- Experienced Educator, particularly in Catholic Education
- Long-term member of Shalom Team Spiritual Ministry
- Member of Spiritual Directors International